Gianmaria Bruni (Ferrari 458 Italia n°51, AF Corse, pole position LM GTE Pro) : "It was good racing here, I enjoyed it so much last year. It's always a pleasure when I come here to race. It's always a good battle with others. With Rui on pole and myself for AF Corse to be on the pole... We've travelled so far, we will be trying to stay ahead of the BMWs, for sure we'll be looking for the win.”
Jaime Melo (Ferrari 458 Italia n°062, Risi Competizione, 4e LM GTE Pro) : “I didn’t have any big problems and I tried my best. At these temperatures I had a bit of oversteer going into the corners, especially on the right hand ones, but I think second row is not so bad."
Qualification times for GT classes:-
(25) #51-GTE-PRO Gianmaria Bruni (Ferrari F458) 1:18.699
(26) #55-GTE-PRO Dirk Werner (BMW M3 GT) 1:18.786 (0.087-)
(27) #56-GTE-PRO Dirk Mueller (BMW M3 GT) 1:19.219 (0.520-)
(36) #61-GTE-AM Rui Aguas (Ferrari F430) 1:20.619
(38) #57-GTE-AM Niclas Jonsson (Ferrari F430) 1:20.880 (0.261-)
(39) #63-GTE-AM Richard Lietz (Porsche 911 GT3 RSR) 1:20.897 (0.278-)
(Source: ALMS and Risi Competizione press information)
Photo : BRASELTON (GEORGIA USA), ROAD ATLANTA, PETIT LE MANS, QUALIFICATION, 30 SEPT 2011. Gianmaria Bruni sets pole position time in LM GTE with team-mates Giancarlo Fisichella and Pierre Kaffer.