Photo : JEAN MICHEL LE MEUR -
The Audi #3 has the fastest time in the last lap in 1'48'' 200 by Romain Dumas, (a small improvement). The #1 and #2 Audis did not go out in this session. The team feels there is no need and are set for qualifying. Dumas' countryman Guillaume Moreau distinguished himself in the #15 OAK Racing by setting the second fastest time, while the #13 Lola of Rebellion Racing trailed by over three tenths.
Another French driver, Olivier Pla beat time that Stephane Sarrazin made last night with a time of 1'51'' 318. The Honda HPD-44 of Starworks Motorsport followed in less than a tenth by the Oreca-Nissan # 25 ADR-Delta.
In LMGTE Pro, the two minute barrier fell this morning in the final moments of the session with Richard Lietz and the #77 Porsche of Team Felbermayr-Proton. With a lap of 1'59'' 987, the Austrian dominates a group of five cars covered by just one second, incluing the Ferraris of Luxury Racing and AF Corse.
The best time of test sessions was also beaten in LM GTE Am, Niclas Jönsson and Ferrari #57 of Krohn Racing completing a lap in 2'01'' 348. The #88 Porsche of Team Felbermayr-Proton with Paolo Ruberti and the #50 Corvette Larbre Competition with Pedro Lamy complete the top three in the category.
All that remains before the start of the Sebring 12 hours tomorrow (Saturday) at 10:30 is the excitement of the qualifying sessions this afternoon and the chase for pole position.
Top three in class for the fourth and final free practice session: ()=overall:
(1) #3-P1 Romain Dumas (Audi R18) 1:48.200
(2) #15-P1 Guillaume Moreau (Oak Pescarolo Judd) 1:49.964 (1.764-)
(3) #13-P1 Andrea Belicchi (Lola B12/60 Coupe Toyota) 1:50.134 (1.934-)
(9) #24-P2 Olivier Pla (Morgan/Judd) 1:51.318
(11) #44-P2 Stephane Sarrazin (HPD ARX-03b Honda) 1:51.842 (0.524-)
(12) #25-P2 John Martin (Oreca 03 Nissan) 1:51.899 (0.581-)
(30) #77-GT-Pro Richard Lietz (Porsche 911 RSR 997) 1:59.987
(31) #59-GT-Pro Jaime Melo (Ferrari F458 Italia) 2:00.187 (0.200-)
(32) #51-GT-Pro Gianmaria Bruni (Ferrari F458 GT) 2:00.233 (0.246-)
(39) #57-GTE-AM Niclas Jonsson (Ferrari F458 Italia) 2:01.348
(41) #88-GTE-AM Paolo Ruberti (Porsche 911 RSR 997) 2:01.536 (0.188-)
(48) #50-GTE-AM Pedro Lamy (Corvette C6-ZR1) 2:02.402 (1.054-)
Photo : SEBRING (FLORIDA, USA), SEBRING RACEWAY, SEBRING 12 HOURS, TUESDAY 13th MARCH 2012, Private testing: In final free practice, Richard Lietz managed to break the two minute barrier behind the wheel of his factory Porsche.
Be the first to know about ACO exclusive information, special offers et good deals.