24h Le Mans
Asian Le Mans Series – JOTA wins 4 Hours of Abu Dhabi, G-Drive Racing wins championship
The JOTA team's #28 ORECA 07-Gibson has won both 4 Hours of Abu Dhabi races of the 2021 Asian Le Mans Series season. G-Drive Racing's #26 Aurus 01-Gibson driven by Yifei Ye, Ferdinand Habsburg and René Binder has clinched the championship trophy.
Sean Gelael, Stoffel Vandoorne and Tom Blomqvist sharing British team JOTA's #28 ORECA 07-Gibson pulled off a one-two punch at the 4 Hours of Abu Dhabi this weekend, winning the Races 3 and 4 of the 2021 Asian Le Mans Series. Meanwhile, G-Drive Racing's #26 Aurus 01-Gibson earned the championship trophy after finishing second in Race 3 and fourth in Race 4.
Here are the other 2021 Asian Le Mans Series trophy winners:
- LMP2 Am | Era Motorsport's #18 ORECA 07-Gibson driven by Andreas Laskaratos, Kyle Tilley and Dwight Merriman
- LMP3 | United Autosports' #23 Ligier JS P320-Nissan driven by Rory Penttinen, Wayne Boyd and Manuel Maldonado
- GT | Precote Herberth Motorsport 's #99 Porsche 911 GT3 R driven by Ralf Bohn, Alfred Renauer and Robert Renauer
- GT Am | Rinaldi Racing's #66 Ferrari 488 GT3 driven by Christian Hook, Manuel Lauck and Patrick Kujala
Six invitations to the 89th 24 Hours of Le Mans on 12-13 June will be granted at the end of the season:
- One invitation for the LMP2 class winner
- One invitation for the LMP3 class winner
- One invitation for the top four teams in the GT class
PHOTO: Jota Sport's #28 ORECA 07-Gibson winner at the 2021 4 Hours of Abu Dhabi.