After 20 hours of racing at the virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans circuit, the #70 ORECA 07 LMP2 entered by Realteam Hydrogen Redine driven by Felipe Dugrovich, Oliver Rowland, Jeffrey Rietveld and Michal Smidl continues to lead the action. The car is trailed by the #1 ORECA of Rebellion GPX Esports and the #28 ORECA fielded by Veloce Esports. All three are in the same lap with the gap between the #70 and the #28 at one minute 41 seconds. Victory is still very much up for the taking!
If the classification were to remain as it is now, the Rebellion GPX Esports team's #1 ORECA would win the 2021-2022 Le Mans Virtual Series.
In the GTE class, the #91 and #92 Porsche 911 RSR GTEs entered by Porsche Esports Team were dominating, but the #91 suffered strategy difficulties and the #92 was forced to retire during the night following contact with Panis Racing's #65 ORECA. Now Team Redline's #71 BMW M8 GTE entrusted to Rudy van Buren, Lorenzo Colombo, Enzo Bonito and Kevin Siggy is in the top spot in the class thanks to its fuel-saving strategy. The #91 Porsche is in second position trailing the #71 by 55 seconds and has made two more pit stops than the leaders. FDA Esports Team's #51 Ferrari 488 GTE rounds out the top 3.
With four hours left in the race and the sun warming the track, teams are heading into a final push to achieve the best result possible, including winning the trophy in the 2021-2022 Le Mans Virtual Series.
At this point in the race, 14 cars have been forced to retire:
- #67 ORECA of Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports in 47th lap (failed engine)
- #777 Aston Martin Vantage GTE of D’Station Racing in 55th lap (incident)
- #15 ORECA of Alpine Esports in 62nd lap
- #86 Porsche 911 RSR GTE of GR Wolves Racing in 80th lap
- #39 ORECA of Graff by ProSimu in 108th lap (mechanical problems)
- #123 ORECA of Team Redline in 124th lap (incident)
- #44 ORECA of ARC Bratislava in 148th lap
- #61 Porsche 911 RSR GTE of SEM9 Axle in 156th lap
- #5 ORECA of Williams Esports in 170th lap
- #24 ORECA of LMVS Guest Car in 183rd lap (incident)
- #25 Porsche 911 RSR GTE of Absolute Inspeed Racing in 200th lap (incident)
- #444 ORECA of Alpha Ind. ByKOLLES-Burst in 212th lap (incident)
- #92 Porsche 911 RSR GTE of Porsche Esports Team in 221st lap (incident)
- #36 ORECA of Alpine Esports in 263rd lap (failed engine)
Check out a few photos from the race below:
Follow the 2022 Virtual 24 Hours live and in full below or via live timing.